Maintaining Focus (Apr 21)
Yoga Workshop – Maintaining Focus
It’s often difficult to keep our mind in the present moment during our yoga practice. There are lots of tools we can use to help maintain our focus during practice.
In this workshop, we’ll explore how we can be attentive to when our focus drifts, and what tools we can apply to keep our mind in our practice.
- Understand the 3 levels of focus, Dhāraṇā, Dhyāna and Samādhi
- Explore how our attention wanders during practice and how we can improve our concentration skills through practice.
- Apply tools to help you to maintain focus (Bhāvana)
- Explore maintaining focus in postures, breathing and mediation practice
- Explore ideas through yoga teachings
The theory covered in the workshop will be based on yoga philosophy. You will be given tips and techniques to help you set a Bhāvana for your yoga practice. We will explore how our mind can move from complete distraction to being absorbed in the present moment. There will be opportunities to discuss the concepts Beth introduces and how it relates to our everyday lives.
The 2-hour morning session will be broken down into:-
- 3 theory/discussion session plus questions.
- 2 yoga practice sessions inc. posture, breathing and meditation practice
- 1 break after the first practice session
- Time for discussion and opportunities to ask questions and make observations.
Yoga Workshop - Exploring ClarityDo we always think with clarity? Our thoughts are real but are they always true? One of the five afflictions identified in the Yoga Sutra is Avidyā - illusion, misconception, not seeing clearly. In this workshop, we’ll explore the...
Yoga Workshop - Character traitsIn this workshop, we’ll explore the concept of the three constitution types identified in Ayurvedic medicine. Recognise 3 character traits Understand how our lifestyle can influence these traits Recognise diurnal and seasonal patterns...
Early Bird Offer
Save £5 if you book a 3-hour in-person workshop before 8th May 2021
Use code E-BIRD-WS-MAY21 when booking.
Maximum of 10 participants
- Mon: 9.30AM - 8.30 PM
- Tues: 9.30AM - 7.30PM
- Wed: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Thurs: 10:00AM - 8.30PM
- Fri: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sat- Sun - Closed
07747 880 731
Swansea SA1 4EZ