Health and Safety Disclaimer
Updated: January 2021
Yoga Practice Health and Safety Disclaimer
Participation in live online, pre-recorded or face-to-face sessions.
To participate in any live remote or in-person or online recorded sessions with Beth Cox of Yoga Practice, she asks that you complete a health questionnaire which includes a disclaimer and GDPR info. Please email Beth (email@example.com) to request this form and she will also include the British Wheel of Yoga “Student Guidance – remote sessions” guidelines document. Alternatively, if you choose not to complete the health questionnaire you are doing so with the knowledge that you are participating in any of the material offered on Beth Cox – Yoga Practice website at your own risk.
Beth Cox is an appropriately qualified British Wheel of Yoga teacher with high standards of teaching and best practice. Where possible, Beth Cox may offer suitable modifications or adjustments, and practices to suit different levels of experience and ability. Please take her advice on modifications and adjustments.
When you are taking part in live-streamed sessions, please note that Beth may not be able to see you at all times. Please let Beth know before the session if this is your first yoga lesson or if you are not confident about your experience and/or ability. Where you have declared a health condition, please contact Beth before the session if you would like to request that you are provided with suitable modifications or adjustments wherever possible. Please note, when you are taking part in a pre-recorded session, you will not be able to request specific adjustments or modifications.
Always follow the safety instructions and listen to your body. Where a movement or session is beyond your experience or ability, feels too difficult for you, or you experience any discomfort, please do not continue the movement or session.
Although there are tremendous benefits to overall health and wellbeing, yoga can be physically challenging and carries with it risks that cannot entirely be eliminated. These include the risk of personal injury, or the exacerbation of existing injuries or conditions, or damage to property around you during your participation.
- Please follow the British Wheel of Yoga “Student Guidance – remote sessions” guidelines document.
- You must act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
- You must not participate if you are under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs.
- Neither your teacher nor the British Wheel of Yoga are qualified to express an opinion that you are fit to safely participate in any British Wheel of Yoga organised sessions or any British Wheel of Yoga trained teacher’s yoga sessions. You must obtain professional or specialist advice from your doctor before participating if you are in any doubt.
- Clear enough space to safely carry out the exercises without hitting items around you.
- Check that the device you are using is securely positioned and will not interfere with your movement.
- Listen to your body. Follow any safety instructions or suitable modifications or adjustments to the exercise as instructed.
- Never continue with a session or a movement that is too difficult for your level of experience or ability, or if you feel any discomfort.
Please note, if following a video it is pre-recorded and cannot be adapted to suit any particular requirements you may have. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by your teacher, participating in this yoga session is entirely at your own risk.
By accessing and participating in any online content provided by Beth Cox you confirm that you have read and understood this disclaimer.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in January 2021.
First Class Free
Try your first group class with Beth for free, to find out if the group yoga classes would suit you.
You can book a free yoga taster class for either an online or in-person live lesson.
- M: 10.00AM - 6.30PM
- T: 9.30AM - 7.30PM
- W: 10:00AM - 7:00PM
- T: 10:00AM - 8.30PM
- F: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sat- Sun - Closed
07747 880 731
The Swansea Wellbeing Centre,