How do you express your gratidude?
There are so many little things that happen during the day that can bring us joy.
In the Yoga Stura, maditā is the term for joy, gladness and delight. How much attention do you pay to joyful moments? Do you express gratitude towards the things that bring you joy?
We often focus on what’s wrong in our day, rather than the simple moments where things go well. By practising gratitude it can draw our awareness to these moments and lead to us noticing the positive parts of our day.
Benefits of Gratitude Practice
There are loads of research articles that demonstrate the benefits of a regular gratitude practice including:-
- Improvements in relationships
- Improvements in mental health
- Enhancing empathy
- Improvements in sleep
- Improvements in self esteem
- Increase in mental resiliance
Suggestions for Practicing Gratitude
- Pause, look around your environment and find one item that brings you a feeling of joy and gratitude. Spend a few seconds appreciating it.
- Journal at the end of the day noting down 3 things you were grateful for that day.
- Acknowledge and be grateful for the effort that went into producing something that gives you joy. E.g. offering thanks to the author who wrote a book you’re enjoying reading.
- Sense gratitude physically in your body. When we tune in to our physical sensations we can deepen our emotional experience of joy and gladness. This helps us to embody the feeling of gratitude in a deeper way than just saying thank you.
- Thank yourself, sensing your gratitude, at the end of your yoga or meditation practice, for dedicating time to take care of yourself.
If only we could think clearly all of the timeAs I’m peering through my glass looking at the computer screen, I’m contemplating the idea that we don’t always see things clearly or Avyida. Avidya means illusion or not seeing, in yoga. It is one of the klesha...
Recorded relaxation practiceI often teach relaxation yoga classes to my evening groups to end the year. This year I recorded the class to share with you here. It'll be available until Monday 10th January.When taken during and at the end of a yoga practice Śavāsana...
Embodiment Coaching - Rebuilding body-mind connectionsWhat happens when we start to listen to our body more and begin to rebuild body-mind connections? By tuning into the deep wisdom of our bodies we can: stop holding tension in our body. trust our instincts more....
As I’m continuing my training I’m offering a limited number of heavily discounted sessions.
30 – 60 min
£7 – £10 online via zoom
£12 – £15 in person
I’m taking on a maximum of 5 people each month. Please register your interest here and I will send you a link to my appointment diary.
- M: 10.00AM - 6.30PM
- T: 9.30AM - 7.30PM
- W: 10:00AM - 7:00PM
- T: 10:00AM - 8.30PM
- F: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sat- Sun - Closed
07747 880 731
The Swansea Wellbeing Centre,