Exploring Clarity (25 Sept 21)
Yoga Workshop – Exploring Clarity
Do we always think with clarity? Our thoughts are real but are they always true?
One of the five afflictions identified in the Yoga Sutra is Avidyā – illusion, misconception, not seeing clearly.
In this workshop, we’ll explore the concept of Avidyā and how we can have thought distortions which often aren’t that helpful.
- Understand the concept of Avidyā
- Explore how yoga practice can help us to gain more clarity
- Investigate different types of thought distortion
- Discuss the quote “Real but not true” Tsoknyi Rinpoche
- Explore ideas through yoga teachings and Western psychology
Eastern Philosophy and Western Psychology
The theory covered in the workshop will be based on yoga philosophy and Western psychology. We will explore the idea of Avidyā, misconception and how our yoga practice can help us gain more clarity.
You will be given tips and techniques to help you become aware of when our thoughts are distorted. There will be opportunities to discuss the concepts Beth introduces and how it relates to our everyday lives.
The 3-hour morning session will be broken down into:-
- 3 theory/discussion session (25 min) plus questions.
- 2 yoga practice sessions inc. posture, breathing and meditation practice (40 min)
- 1 break after the first practice session (15-min)
- Time for discussion and opportunities to ask questions and make observations.
Yoga Workshop - Being more focusedIt’s often difficult to keep our mind in the present moment during our yoga practice. There are lots of tools we can use to help maintain our focus during practice. In this workshop, we’ll explore how we can be attentive to when our...
Yoga Workshop - Character traitsIn this workshop, we’ll explore the concept of the three constitution types identified in Ayurvedic medicine. Recognise 3 character traits Understand how our lifestyle can influence these traits Recognise diurnal and seasonal patterns...
Early Bird Offer
Save £5 if you book a 3-hour in-person workshop before 10th June 2021
Use code E-BIRD-WS-YP21 when booking.
Maximum of 10 participants
- Mon: 10.00AM - 6.30 PM
- Tues: 9.30AM - 7.30PM
- Wed: 10:00AM - 7:00PM
- Thurs: 10:00AM - 8.30PM
- Fri: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sat- Sun - Closed
07747 880 731
The Swansea Wellbeing Centre,