Personality Traits (25 Sept)
Yoga Workshop – Personality traits
In this workshop, we’ll explore the concept of the five elements and three constitution types identified in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Explore how the five elements link to personality types.
- Learn how you can play to your strengths and optimise your health.
- Experiment with embodying different elements to change how we feel.
- Improve relationships with others by appreciating their elemental strengths.
- Discover how the elements combine to form three dosa identified in Āyurveda.
Eastern Philosophy and Western Psychology
The theory covered in the workshop will be based on yoga philosophy and Western psychology. We will explore the models from Ayurveda, of five elements and 3 dosa (vāta, pitta, kapha) and Prakṛti and Vikṛti.
You will be given tips and techniques to help you recognise your dominant elements and how they combine into dosa. We will explore the strengths and pitfalls of the elements and consider how we might introduce more of an element into our lives.
- 3 theory/discussion session (25 min) plus questions.
- 2 yoga practice sessions inc. posture, breathing and meditation practice (40 min)
- 1 break after the first practice session (15-min)
- Time for discussion and opportunities to ask questions and make observations.
Yoga Workshop - Exploring ClarityDo we always think with clarity? Our thoughts are real but are they always true? One of the five afflictions identified in the Yoga Sutra is Avidyā - illusion, misconception, not seeing clearly. In this workshop, we’ll explore the...
Yoga Workshop - Balancing EffortIn our yoga practice, we try to balance our physical and mental effort between too much (sthira) and too little (sukha). In this workshop, we’ll explore how we can optimise the amount of effort we use both on and off the mat. Discover...
Early Bird Offer
Save £5 if you book a 3-hour in-person workshop before 9th Sept 2021
Use code E-BIRD-WS-YP21 when booking.
Maximum of 12 participants
- Mon: 10.00AM - 6.30 PM
- Tues: 9.30AM - 7.30PM
- Wed: 10:00AM - 7:00PM
- Thurs: 10:00AM - 8.30PM
- Fri: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sat- Sun - Closed
07747 880 731
The Swansea Wellbeing Centre,