Being More Focused (26 June 21)
Yoga Workshop –
Being more focused
It’s often difficult to keep our mind in the present moment during our yoga practice. There are lots of tools we can use to help maintain our focus during practice.
In this workshop, we’ll explore how we can be attentive to when our focus drifts, and what tools we can apply to keep our mind in our practice.
- Understand the 3 levels of mindfulness, Dhāraṇā, Dhyāna and Samādhi
- Explore how our attention wanders during practice and how we can improve our concentration skills through practice.
- Apply tools to help you to maintain focus (Bhāvana)
- Explore maintaining focus in postures, breathing and mediation practice
- Explore ideas through yoga teachings
The theory covered in the workshop will be based on yoga philosophy. You will be given tips and techniques to help you set a Bhāvana for your yoga practice. We will explore how our mind can move from complete distraction to being absorbed in the present moment. There will be opportunities to discuss the concepts Beth introduces and how it relates to our everyday lives.
The 3-hour morning session will be broken down into:-
- 3 theory/discussion session (25 min) plus questions.
- 2 yoga practice sessions inc. posture, breathing and meditation practice (40 min)
- 1 break after the first practice session (15-min)
- Time for discussion and opportunities to ask questions and make observations.
Give yourself a break Self care - yoga retreat dayA whole day of self-care, yoga, mindfulness, embodied practice, yoga Nidra. Take a break from day-to-day life but also a break from judgement and criticism. Physical movements to stretch your body and release tension....
Self-compassion or Self-criticismDo you give yourself a hard time? Do you feel guilty when you take time out for yourself? Is it time you gave yourself a break?But how can we give ourselves a break?We all know self-criticism is unhelpful but it can be a hard habit to...
- M: 10.00AM - 6.30PM
- T: 9.30AM - 7.30PM
- W: 10:00AM - 7:00PM
- T: 10:00AM - 8.30PM
- F: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sat- Sun - Closed
07747 880 731
The Swansea Wellbeing Centre,