Traditionally the goal of yoga is to be able to sit with stillness, to contain the thoughts of the mind to a point of focus, rather than the usual merry dance the distracted mind plays.
Beth uses traditional teachings as a foundation to her approach, they inspire all of the themes we explore in more depth.
Traditional Yoga influences
- focus on our breath and movement
- adapt and modify poses (āsana) to suit your body
- work with refining key postures, rather than adding variety to entertain
- set a point of focus (bhāvana)
- alter the tools we work to explore the effect
To connect more deeply to yoga
- build a breathing practice (prāṇāyāma)
- establish a meditation practice (dhyāna)
- study underlying teachings in traditional text such as Patañjali’s Yoga Sūtra
- explore aspects of Ayurvedic medicine
- try to become smart than our habits
“Only through yoga, yoga is known.
Only through yoga, yoga changes.
One who is patient at yoga,
enjoys the fruit over a long time.”
From Vyāsa’s commentary on the Yoga Sūtra
If you are interested in exploring the practice of yoga in all its aspects, physical and spiritual, you can join her yoga group on Facebook and sign up for her newsletters.
Or, just join one of her classes and experience the best of yoga practice.
What People Say
“The questions and ideas raised from each session continue to be thought-provoking long after each session has finished.”
Coming Soon - Workshops and Events
Exploring your habits
28th Feb 2021
Investigate our habits (Samskara) through the exploration of yoga teachings. We’ll consider why it can be difficult to break certain habits and will learn practical ways of helping new habits stick.
Sun 28th Feb 2021 10:00-12:00 Online via Zoom £20
Early Bird Offer
Save £5 if you book a 3-hour in-person workshop before 5th March 2021
Use code E-BIRD-WS-MARCH21 when booking.
Maximum of 10 participants
- Mon: 9.30AM - 8.30 PM
- Tues: 9.30AM - 7.30PM
- Wed: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Thurs: 10:00AM - 8.30PM
- Fri: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sat- Sun - Closed
07747 880 731
Swansea SA1 4EZ