Traditionally the goal of yoga is to be able to sit with stillness, to contain the thoughts of the mind to a point of focus, rather than the usual merry dance the distracted mind plays.
Beth uses traditional teachings as a foundation to her approach, they inspire all of the themes we explore in more depth.
Traditional Yoga influences
- focus on our breath and movement
- adapt and modify poses (āsana) to suit your body
- work with refining key postures, rather than adding variety to entertain
- set a point of focus (bhāvana)
- alter the tools we work to explore the effect
To connect more deeply to yoga
- build a breathing practice (prāṇāyāma)
- establish a meditation practice (dhyāna)
- study underlying teachings in traditional text such as Patañjali’s Yoga Sūtra
- explore aspects of Ayurvedic medicine
- try to become smart than our habits
“Only through yoga, yoga is known.
Only through yoga, yoga changes.
One who is patient at yoga,
enjoys the fruit over a long time.”
From Vyāsa’s commentary on the Yoga Sūtra
If you are interested in exploring the practice of yoga in all its aspects, physical and spiritual, you can join her yoga group on Facebook and sign up for her newsletters.
Or, just join one of her classes and experience the best of yoga practice.
“The questions and ideas raised from each session continue to be thought-provoking long after each session has finished.”
Hilary -Philosophy Group Attendee
Coming Soon - Workshops and Events
The Power of Yoga Breath
5th Dec 2020
In this workshop, you’ll learn how breathing can influence our nervous system. We'll look at Ployvagal theory and how we can influence our feeling of thriving or surviving.
Sat 5th Dec 2020 10:00-12:00 Zoom £20
This is an online workshop.
Take Your First Class for Free
Taking your first steps in yoga can be daunting and trying to find a teacher who suits the way you want to learn can take time.
The easiest way to find out is to come and practise with Beth. Our first group class lesson is free so you can make your own mind up. I think you will enjoy it...
- Mon: 9.30AM - 8.30 PM
- Tues: 9.30AM - 7.30PM
- Wed: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Thurs: 10:00AM - 8.30PM
- Fri: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sat- Sun - Closed
07747 880 731
Swansea SA1 4EZ