Traditionally the goal of yoga is to be able to sit with stillness, to contain the thoughts of the mind to a point of focus, rather than the usual merry dance the distracted mind plays.
Beth uses traditional teachings as a foundation to her approach, they inspire all of the themes we explore in more depth.
Traditional Yoga influences
- focus on our breath and movement
- adapt and modify poses (āsana) to suit your body
- work with refining key postures, rather than adding variety to entertain
- set a point of focus (bhāvana)
- alter the tools we work to explore the effect
To connect more deeply to yoga
- build a breathing practice (prāṇāyāma)
- establish a meditation practice (dhyāna)
- study underlying teachings in traditional text such as Patañjali’s Yoga Sūtra
- explore aspects of Ayurvedic medicine
- try to become smart than our habits
“Yoga is the process of replacing old patterns with new and more appropriate ones.”
If you are interested in exploring the practice of yoga in all its aspects, physical and spiritual, you can join her yoga group on Facebook and sign up for her newsletters.
Or, just join one of her classes and experience the best of yoga practice.
What People Say
“The questions and ideas raised from each session continue to be thought-provoking long after each session has finished.”
Coming Soon - Workshops and Events
- Explore how the five elements link to personality types.
- Learn how you can play to your strengths and optimise your health.
- Experiment with embodying different elements to change how we feel.
- Improve relationships with others by appreciating their elemental strengths.
- Discover how the elements combine to form three dosa identified in Āyurveda.
Sat 25th Spet 2021 10:00-13:00 Swansea Wellbeing Centre £25
Early-bird ticket £20 valid until 10/09/21
Early Bird Offer
Save £5 if you book a 3-hour in-person workshop before 9th Sept 2021
Use code E-BIRD-WS-YP21 when booking.
Maximum of 12 participants
- Mon: 10.00AM - 6.30 PM
- Tues: 9.30AM - 7.30PM
- Wed: 10:00AM - 7:00PM
- Thurs: 10:00AM - 8.30PM
- Fri: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sat- Sun - Closed
07747 880 731
The Swansea Wellbeing Centre,